Who We Are
Founded in 1972 with the simple act of a mother publicly supporting her gay son, PFLAG is the nation’s largest family and ally organization. Uniting people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) with families, friends, and allies. PFLAG is committed to advancing equality and full societal affirmation of LGBTQ people through its threefold mission of support, education, and advocacy.
PFLAG has over 400 chapters and 200,000 members and supporters crossing multiple generations of American families in major urban centers, small cities, and rural areas in all 50 states.
PFLAG Napa was founded in 2013 and generally meets on the fourth Thursday of each month in St. Helena. In addition to monthly meetings, PFLAG Napa also participates in local events to ensure the prosperity of our organization and the LGBTQ+ community.
PFLAG Napa’s mailing address is:
PO Box 2661
Napa, CA 94558-0266
Our E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information & Help Line: (707) 681-1477
At PFLAG support meetings, real magic occurs in the lives of countless individuals and families. Our support meetings provide a safe, confidential place for those who are learning to deal with the reality of LGBTQ issues in their family. At our support meetings, we provide loving, non-judgmental support for our children, families, friends, and each other. Come join us and bring a friend! We’re a friendly bunch!
What to Expect
The meeting agenda generally consist of the following:
- 6:30 pm Welcome
- 6:35 pm Announcements
- 6:45 pm Speaker or Educational Program
- 7:30 pm Support Group
- 8:30 pm Meeting End
Who Comes to PFLAG?
- Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, children, spouses
- Parents who think their child is LGBTQ but have not yet come out
- People who are learning to come to terms with being LGBTQ
- Friends who want to be supportive but are unsure how
- LGBTQ+ people who want to support their friends and family
- People who want to be involved in advocacy and education of important issues
- Straight Spouses with LGBTQ+ partners
- All welcome (Note: Children must be over 18 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or guardian)
What Can You Learn?
- Conversational skills to have meaningful dialog with your friend, parent or child
- Coping skills
- How others have traveled the journey
- Easier ways to come out to friends and family
- How to tell friends and family your child is LGBTQ
- How others have dealt with difficult situations like weddings and holidays
- Help you educate yourself on the issues
What Do We Require?
- Insists on absolute confidentiality. If you see another member of tonight’s meeting on the street, do no mention PFLAG’s group by name in front of nonmembers. Personal disclosures are personal; if you wish to talk after the meeting to a member about something she said during the meeting, ask permission first. Do not “out” people with indiscreet phone messages.
- Disallows discounting behavior. Please do not interrupt, “side-talk”, ridicule, or otherwise invalidate the other meeting attendees.
- Encourages the participation of all who come. We affirm the risks taken by members and support those who share their personal stories. No one is obligated to speak, however, and we ask those who do share to please respect the group’s time.
- PFLAG has no religious affiliation nor is it a religious organization
Napa Meeting Information
Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of every month starting at 6:30 pm at St. Helena Public Library Conference Room, 1492 Library Lane, St. Helena, CA 94574-1143